Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
I like to make this for the kids before they go trick or treating. Try it, I guarantee your family will love it!
- 1 8 oz. can pizza sauce, divided
- 1 package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 lb. ground beef, drained, cooked and divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
3. Remove and set aside 1/4 cup pizza sauce.
4. Combine prepared macaroni, half the ground beef, remaining pizza sauce, garlic powder, egg, and basil.
5. Spoon mixture evenly into a 9 inch pie plate.
6. Sprinkle with cheese.
7. Combine remaining meat with the reserved pizza sauce.
8. Use the newly formed mixture to create a jack-o'-lantern face on top of the casserole.
9. Bake for 15 minutes.
10. Remove from stove and allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.