Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Dad's not the only one who will love this flavorful burger, expect these to be requested again!
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 tablespoons prepared Thousand Island salad dressing (ideally home-made, but store bought can be used to save time)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- Slice onion into 1/2-in.-thick rings; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- While those are grilling, combine the green pepper, cheese, parsley and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture, mix well, and shape into six dense patties - making sure the ingredients are pressed together well.
- Move onions to indirect heat. Place burger patties over direct heat and grill, covered, for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until desired level of pink is reached. Cook onion 10 minutes longer or until it becomes tender.
- Spread bun bottoms with dressing, add lettuce, tomato, and onion to each and a burger.
- Replace bun tops, serve, and enjoy.