Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6-8 servings
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or instant coffee granules
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup cinnamon baking chips (ok to substitute chocolate morsels)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F on convection bake setting.
2. Note that if you do not have a convection oven setting baking times will have to be increased a bit at all stages in the recipe.
3. Combine butter, sugars and espresso or coffee granules in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add vanilla and mix briefly.
6. Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix until well blended.
7. Fold in pecans, chocolate morsels and cinnamon chips.
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
9. Scoop dough out onto paper and form into a large rectangle, ¾-inch thick.
10. Bake 25 minutes, or until firm.
11. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
12. Use a serrated knife to cut the dough into ½-inch thick slices.
13. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and return to the oven for 8 minutes.
14. Turn and bake 8 minutes more.
15. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.