Yields: 12-14 servings
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup white flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cup chocolate chips
1. Beat shortening for 30 seconds.
2. Add brown sugar and continue to beat until ingredients are well blended.
3. Add vanilla and mix well.
4. Mix in the baking powder, salt and the flour; beat thoroughly.
5. Add the water, followed by the chocolate chips.
6. Using a teaspoon, mould a teaspoonful of dough and place carefully on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
8. Allow cookies to cool on a wire rack.