Simple dessert for dinner party or romantic dinner.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup shredded American cheese or Swiss cheese or cheddar cheese or Gruyère
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup milk, as needed
- 1 tablespoon brandy
Serve with Edit
- ice cream
- bite-size pieces of angel food cake
- bite-size pieces of chocolate cake
- bite-size pieces of cake
- graham crackers
- digestive biscuits
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Gradually add cocoa and sugar, and blend thoroughly to make a smooth sauce.
- Add cheese, and blend well.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, peppermint, and w:c:recipes:almond extract.
- Gradually add milk until fondue is of desired consistency.
- Add brandy (do NOT stir); immediately ignite brandy.
- Serve over ice cream, or use as a dip.