Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yields: 5 servings
My kids love this and I hope yours do too!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (95 degrees C). Place popcorn in a large bowl.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Allow mixture to boil without stirring for about 4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat the corn.
4. Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.